If the name of this recipe doesn’t make you instantly drool, there’s something wrong.
I’m not saying there’s something wrong with you, but if the words “chicken bacon ranch” don’t make you instantly salivate, there is definitely something wrong.
I also love the reasoning behind this eBook. Sarah juggles school, clubs, internships, sports, and a paleo-ish, real food lifestyle, which is obviously a very impressive task. After months of developing a routine, figuring out how to batch cook, what products to always have in her pantry, and how to create nutritionally well-rounded meals in a pinch, Sarah decided to create Paleo In A Pinch as a way of offering the knowledge she gained after the many months/years she spent trying to figure it all out.
Her mission with Paleo In A Pinch is to help all of the busy bees of the world nourish their bodies with real food in a pinch. Whether you’re a student, stay at home parent, or working a 9 to 5 job, Sarah hopes that Paleo In A Pinch will help you and your loved ones lead a nutritious and flavourful diet and lifestyle without any fuss!
Paleo In A Pinch is only $7.99 and includes 35 easy and delicious nutrient-dense recipes, a beginner’s grocery list, a food prep process guide, no-cook paleo meal ideas, and a list of her favourite products and where to buy them.
My absolute favourite thing about Sarah’s eBook is that although all of the recipes are easy and don’t require any fuss at all, they are all incredibly flavourful and creative. You’ll see that with the Chicken Bacon Ranch Skillet recipe Sarah is allowing me to share with you today, it’s incredibly easy to throw together, but it’s also packed with flavour and nutrition! And I’m sure that everyone in your household will love this recipe, paleo-eater or not, because… who doesn’t like bacon?
Bacon makes everything better.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless and skinless), diced into 1 inch cubes
- 3 C kale, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 2 C mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ C coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill (or 1 1⁄2 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley (or 1 1⁄2 tsp dried)
- First, in a small bowl whisk together the coconut milk, lemon juice, paprika, chives,
- dill and parsley. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet. Remove and set on a paper-towel lined plate.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onion and garlic until fragrant and the onion starts to become translucent (2-3 minutes). Then add the cubed chicken breast, and stir around until the chicken is cooked on every side (about 3 minutes).
- Next add the kale, mushrooms, and coconut milk “ranch” mixture. Stir to evenly coat all of the ingredients in the “ranch” and then turn the heat down to medium and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are cooked, the kale is wilted and the chicken is cooked through (about 5-6 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.