I’ve announced it on Instagram and on the podcast, but forgot to make the exciting announcement here on the blog! Shawn and I are in the midst of creating a cookbook! It has always been my dream to put together a cookbook and now it is finally happening. Better yet, I get to collaborate with my best friend and business partner! We are so excited to compile all of our delicious new recipes in one place and share them with all of you! It’s such an exciting time.
One of the recipes that will be in the cookbook is the recipe for my Sweet & Sour Meatballs. It sounds great, but it tastes even better. I totally nailed this recipe. I made it a few times already, making a few tweaks each time, but this past time I made it, I nailed it. It’s perfect and I can’t wait to share it with you!
I think sweet and sour meatballs is the perfect entree paired with rice as a side dish. So, as I was making the meatballs and the sauce, I riced some cauliflower in my Breville All In One food processor to make my recipe for Cauliflower Rice, but I realized, all of my elements were in use, so stove top cauliflower rice wasn’t an option. Then the best idea I’ve had in a while hit me – oven baked cauliflower rice!
So, I lined a baking sheet, spread the cauliflower rice evenly across the baking sheet, seasoned it, and baked it until tender and slightly golden! When I pulled it out from the oven, I had the most nuttiest, rice-like cauliflower rice ever and I knew this recipe was a game changer. I don’t know if I will ever make stop top cauliflower rice ever again!
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and broken into small florets
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Meanwhile, rice cauliflower in your food processor.
- Once riced, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread riced cauliflower evenly across lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven when tender and edges are starting to turn golden brown or turn oven onto broil for 1 - 2 minutes to slightly brown all rice pieces.
- Serve immediately with your favourite side dish.