Scott loves chicken breast. I, however, would always prefer to have seafood or read meat over chicken any day. To compromise, we often have chicken thighs – he gets his chicken and I get my fatty meat. Win, win.
When I received Maria Emmerich’s newest book, The 30 Day Ketogenic Cleanse, my eyes immediately went to her recipe for Chicken Neapolitan, which included chicken thighs together in a skillet with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, olives, and basil. The flavours within this dish are stunning enough to serve when entertaining guests, but it’s easy enough to make for a quick weeknight meal, just as I like doing for Scott and I.
Maria is letting me share her recipe for Chicken Neapolitan with you today and also gift a lucky winner with their very own copy of The 30 Day Ketogenic Cleanse! To enter the giveaway, you must follow both Maria and I on Instagram and comment on the giveaway Instagram post which can be found on my Instagram profile.
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp MCT oil
- 1 lb. mushrooms, quartered
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup pitted black olives, drained
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Sprinkle the chicken with the salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the chicken thighs to the pan and sear for 8 to 9 minutes, until the skin is golden brown. Flip the thighs over, then add the mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Cook for 8 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees F when inserted into a chicken thigh.
- Lower the heat to medium low, then add the tomatoes, olives, and basil and cook just until warmed through. Store extras in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in a skillet over medium heat until warmed.
Don’t forget to enter the Instagram giveaway! Click here to go directly to my Instagram profile.