In January 2017, I launched a project called A Year of Self Love Project. If you’re new to this project, read here for more information.
In January, we covered the topic of mindfulness, which you can read more about here. Although mindfulness definitely sounds much like awareness, I assure you the topic of the month of March is different and continues to build onto your self-love journey in a whole new way.
In the previous two months of January and February, I wanted you to begin being mindful of what conversations were going on within your mind on a daily basis. This is what we address in January. Then, in February, I provided you with the tools you need to speak to that chatter within your mind. This is something we call self-talk.
Now, I am ready to talk to you about awareness and move the focus from what’s going on within our mind and focus our attention to how we feel in our bodies, as a whole.
Awareness is being in tune with how you feel and acknowledging those feelings, while responding accordingly. But before we get to responding (hint: that’s next month), let’s just take some time to become aware first.
Awareness is something that I see to be at a deficit in our world. We live in a world today where we either:
1. Suppress and or ignore how we feel
2. Completely push through the feelings all together, without actually allowing ourselves to feel
Healing, health, and growth all come when we can allow ourselves to feel, but first we have to be aware.
I am so excited to share the Awareness Project with you for this month as it will bring a whole new level of connection to your life, your healing journey, and continue to build on this journey of self-love we are on together!
Your Awareness Project:
1. While continuing to use the tools from the previous two months, I want you to now flow your attention to how you feel, as well.
Are you anxious, stressed, worried, sad? If so, are you ignoring these emotions? Do you suppress these feelings? Or are you allowing yourself to actually feel them? Bring awareness to this.
For the month of March, I simply want you to become aware of how you feel. Take note of how you respond to these feelings, but don’t worry about much more other than that – we will be covering the next topic in April shortly, which builds off of this one.
2. Another question you can ask yourself is, do I want to do this?
I find often times we push ourselves way past our limits and do things like (exercise, meetings, etc.) that we physically or mentally feel unable to do, but we push and do them anyway.
Bring awareness to this.
1. Take a picture related to something you are doing to bring more awareness into your life this month.
2. Post your picture to social media and use the hashtag #AYearOfSelfLoveProject and tag me: @MegTheRHN (I will be checking Instagram for your posts!)
3. If you are a blogger or have a website of your own – feel free to write a blog post on your experience throughout the month. Let me know by emailing me at email@example.com if you publish a blog post to share with your audience, so I can share it with mine, too. I would love to hear from you.
I can’t wait to see your posts and pour my love on you! I am so proud of all of you who have decided to join in on this journey with women all around the world! Please comment below with thoughts, feelings, and anything else you would like to share with our beautiful community of self-love seekers! I would love to hear from you.